Ministry Leader: David VanWagoner, Scoutmaster
Meeting Date and Times: Tuesdays, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Boy Scouts at Riva Trace
Boy Scouts is a program for young men ages 11 to 18. Our program is high energy, fast paced, and theme oriented. We conduct a weekend campout in most months and spend a week each summer at Boy Scout camp. The Troop is organized and managed by a group of older Scouts and facilitated by a group of highly experienced and trained adult Scouters. Our summer program is a weekly “Olympic” theme with a variety of fun outdoor skills such as: biking, hiking, golf, swimming, canoeing, archery, and a cardboard boat race. We conduct a variety of service projects throughout the year for the church and our community.
Riva Trace Baptist Church supports and is the Chartering Organization that sponsors Boy Scout Troop 1214 for the Baltimore Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Citizenship: we will make you a better citizen.
- Life Skills: we will teach a variety of useful life skills.
- Leadership: we will give you opportunities to improve your leadership.
- Fun: we will have lots of fun.
- Service: we will provide service to others.
- Duty to God: we will support the Scout Oath’s duty to God.
Boy Scout Program Benefits
- Develops character and encourages spiritual growth.
- Develops habits of good citizenship.
- Develops strong leaders.
- Develops a serving attitude.
- Develops new skills.
- Provides fun and exciting new activities.
- Teaches youth to live by the virtues of the Scout Law. A Scout is: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.
- Teaches youth to “be prepared” and to “do a good turn daily”.