Ministry Leader: Keith Labbe
Meeting Dates and Times: Tuesday’s 6:30 PM
“Do your best to win full approval in God’s sight, as a worker who is not ashamed of his work, one who correctly teaches the message of God’s truth.” -2 Timothy 2:15
What is Cub Scouts?
Cub Scouting is a year-round family program designed for children who are in 1st thru 5th grade. Parents, leaders, and organizations work together to teach youth how to do things for themselves and others, patriotism, courage, self reliance, and kindred virtues. Cub Scouts teaches these virtues through educational programs, oaths, promises, codes for character development, citizenship training, and mental and physical fitness.
In a society where children are often taught that winning is everything, Cub Scouting teaches them to “do their best” and “be helpful to others”, as expressed in the Cub Scout Promise. These values will help your child make good decisions throughout their lifetime and give them confidence as they becomes an adult leader of tomorrow.
Riva Trace Baptist Church supports this purpose and is the Charter Organization for Cub Scout Pack 1214.
Cub Scout Program Benefits
- Develops character and encourages spiritual growth.
- Develops habits of good citizenship.
- Encourages good sportsmanship and pride in growing strong in mind and body.
- Improves understanding withing the family.
- Strengthens the ability to get along with other boys and respect for other people.
- Fosters a sense of personal achievement by developing new interests and skills.
- Teaches children to be helpful and to do one’s best.
- Provides fun and exciting new activities.
- Prepares them to be Boy Scouts.